How Healthy is Your Brain?
Worried about dementia?
Now we can give you direct measurements of brain function. We have a portable EEG scanner, the WAVI headset, that measures non-invasively brain function in real time. Wavi brain scans provide information about regional brain activity, processing power, and auditory and reaction time. All these assessments can be compared to “normals” for your age, and alert us when your brain is aging too rapidly. The scan takes 30 minutes and cost $80. (Minimum cost of an EEG at a hospital is around $300 and does not provide these functional assessments.)
Who should get a Wavi brain scan?
People who have/had:
- Family history of dementia
- Personal history of head or brain injury
- Personal history of Cancer chemotherapy
- High risk sports participation (football, soccer, mt biking, etc.)
- Loss of taste or hearing
- High blood pressure
- Diabetes or high blood sugar
- High Cholesterol
- History of Stroke
- Obstructive sleep apnea
- Prolonged general anesthesia
- Chronic neurological conditions such as Multiple Sclerosis or Parkinson’s Disease
- Open Heart Surgery
- Menopausal cognitive decline
- Anyone who is concerned about their memory